Wednesday 12 October 2011

More Multicharts

I'm very impressed with the Multicharts platform so far, it seems very stable, each time I chart my indicator it's the same every time. That certainly wasn't the case with ThinkorSwim. In theory it's possible to program Multicharts so that it recognises a trade set up and initiates a trade based on your pre-set parameters, so your strategy can be fully automated. Realistically, this isn't an option for me since I don't have a programming background and it would probably take an inordinate amount of time to learn how to program it, and then test it to make sure it was working as directed.

I picked out some signals today on ES (E-Mini S&P) whilst getting my new workstation set-up.

DBDT indicator chart


For anyone new to my journal, previously I've taken signals on my indicator working on various indices as trade signals for the E-Mini NASDAQ

Equivalent points on NQ (E-Mini NASDAQ) today;

Green = buy signal time/price
Red = sell signal time/price

Some directionally good signals there.

No comments:

Post a Comment