Monday 14 November 2011

Four trades today;


1st and 2nd trades


I prefer to have a grey background these days so hopefully it's ok on your eyes folks.  The arrows at the top/bottom of bars show the bar where the entry/exit took place, and the arrows to the side show the price level where the trade occured.

Went short at 14:45, filled at 2347.75, market sold off down to 2339.25.  Since one of my new rules is to move to breakeven if the market moves 5 points in my favour, I moved my stop to 2347.75.   Something slightly unwieldy happened when I placed the initial order.  I have Multicharts set to automatically attach a bracket OCO order.  So a fixed stop of 3.25 points along with a limit order to take profit at 10 points.  For some reason Multicharts sent the bracket order into the market with double the number of contracts, and when I tried to amend the order it was rejected.   It just meant when the position was stopped out, I also went long by one contract that I didn't want, and just closed it immediately, for a 0.25 point gain.

Next signal was short at 15:17, filled at 2357.25, the market then sold off down to as far as 2344.25, hitting my limit order in the process, for a 10 point gain.   When I initiated this 2nd trade the same issue with the bracket orders occured, I just had to immediately cancel the bracket orders and re-enter the stop and limit orders manually.

I got through to Multicharts technical help, the guy didn't provide a clear answer as to what may have happened.  I can only think I had two separate bracket order strategies on auto-attach, but he seemed to think that would result in the stop price and limit prices doubling, not the contract size.  He was quite helpful though, and put a test order into the market many points away fom the price, and the bracket order attached properly after the settings were reset.   There was also a buy signal at 15:52 (while I was on to technical help), that would have been stopped out at break-even anyway.

Third signal came at 19:12, went long at 2339.25, market sold off taking out my stop in the process for a 3.25 point loss.

Fourth signal came at 20:04, went long at 2334.75, the market edged higher, towards the close it appeared increasingly unlikely that the target of 2344.75 would be hit so I manually trailed the stop higher, before it got taken out at 2338, for a 3.25 point gain.

3rd and 4th trades



A gain of 9 points today (after commissions).


The 2nd trade was also signalled by my indicator on a larger timeframe;

No comments:

Post a Comment