Wednesday 16 November 2011

Mutlicharts issues...

Had some more problems with Multicharts today, I had a buy signal at 15:37, filled at 2349 however Multicharts didn't send my stop order into the market with the opening order, nor did it show the orders on the chart, it was set to do this but for some reason it didn't appear.  Due to this I closed the position immediately, for a 0.25 point loss.  Back onto technical help, they advised to reset broker settings (symbol mapping), we did that, then I sent an order in to short with a 1 point stop to test it, it worked this time, and also the issue with the stops/bracket orders doubling the number of contracts seems to have now been resolved.  The test trade got stopped out for a 1 point loss.

The original trade would have been stopped out for a 3.25 point loss, had I not had the technical issue, so it actually saved me 1.5 points.

Down 1.75 points (after commissions).


First trade entry (marked manually), and second trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment