Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sell signal at 18:25, filled at 2220.25, this was prior to the release of the Fed minutes,

Zerohedge;
"While  the  FOMC Minutes have not yet been officially released by the     Fed,  it  appears someone has broken the embargo. Here are the  headlines.

  • A FEW FOMC MEMBERS BELIEVED OUTLOOK MAY WARRANT MORE EASING
  • FED OFFICIALS AGREED TARGETING NOMINAL GDP NOT ADVISABLE
  • A FEW FOMC MEMBERS FAVORED TIME PERIOD FOR INTEREST-RATE PLEDGE
  • A FEW FOMC MEMBERS BELIEVED OUTLOOK MAY WARRANT MORE EASING
  • A FEW FOMC MEMBERS FAVORED TIME PERIOD FOR INTEREST-RATE PLEDGE
  • FED OFFICIALS BACKED IDEA OF OFFERING MORE DATA ON RATE PATH
  • US RECOVERY SUBJECT TO SIGNIFICANT DOWNSIDE RISKS
In other news - nothing substantially different from the statement or the conference that followed."









The  market was generally directionless, but it did sell off down to  2214    by 19:05, so stop was moved to breakeven.   The market rallied   back  up,  just touching my stop, taking me out at breakeven before a   further   sell-off to 2213.25 then another rally.

On the plus side it was a very good entry point, 2 minutes after the high of the day session.

Down 0.25 points (after commissions).



I  came back from a break to eat to see I'd missed a sell signal  at   19:52, although I had my laptop with me I now realise that if I  unplug  the  ethernet cable, although it does switch to wireless, when I  go  back to  ethernet my indicator stops updating but the NASDAQ  doesn't....no  idea why that should happen but definitely something to   remember.

No drama since although the market sold off from  2217.50 at 19:52 down   to as low as 2209, it then rallied back up to  2221, if  traded, it'd  given the same result as the first  trade, flat (since I  move stop to  breakeven if the market goes 5 points  in the direction of my trade).


End of the black line on the top chart marks the second sell signal point.


Remember folks;

"Analysis without trading is like foreplay without sex"
PositiveDeviant

No comments:

Post a Comment