Friday 13 July 2012

Buy signal at 12:46, filled at 2548, stopped out for a 2 point loss;





I'm relatively pleased with the way this new strategy trades, it's more consistent than the previous one, in fact looking back at the stats for the previous one they are not very good at all (although I still managed to make a modest profit from it).

The following is a chart of the model equity curve (points per contract) since the start of May.  This chart represents the points gain per contract had I been able to trade each and every one of the signals that Strategy II provides (and I am not able to do this as I have a regular (intensely dull) job that pays the bills and boy does it get in the way of this!).




It's important to stress this is not what I have achieved with the new strategy (my actual results chart is more modest as it's difficult to trade all the signals due to my "9-5" (pre)occupation ).  As a result of this chart in comparison to the actual more modest results I've achieved, at the start of the week I declared my new motto as "Execute or Die".  My strategy has thus far displayed great positive expectation so the more I trade it, the more I'll gain from it.   This sometimes means trading using my mobile and initiating trades whilst on a train, sitting at my desk or even more unusual places where trading is not typically on one's mind (or ought not to be)...

I managed to execute all but 2 of the signals this week, not bad considering I was "pre-occupied".  Next week I can trade from my home desk all week, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment