Sunday 10 February 2013

I've been on a bit of a mission lately upgrading my system to make it run at it's best.  I started upgrading the 4GB memory to 8GB and that did speed things up a bit however the machine was running in 32 bit, rather than 64-bit and I only had Windows Home Premium 32-bit (however my processor is 64-bit).  So I got Windows Ultimate 64-bit and a 160GB solid state drive, backed up all my important data, installed the Solid State Drive,  set about re-installing Windows, then upgraded to the latest 64-bit version of Multicharts.  

What a fantastic difference it made upgrading to 64-bit and getting the Solid State Drive.  It now runs as a computer should, silently, no hard drive access sounds.  It's very quick, you start an application it starts up very quickly.  For example in iTunes if you double click a song it plays immediately.  It's essentially like I have a completely new machine, and I only spent a few hundred pounds.

Multicharts, (trading system) starts up quicker and allows me to interrogate data/charts so much quicker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment