Wednesday 11 September 2013

I'm continuing from where I left off prior to my holiday with the live test of a trading strategy, the results so far;


It seems pretty mixed but I think it's probably wise not to judge it this early since these are only the results after around 45 days, and that would be the case whether or not the results were good or bad (although clearly if they were atrocious it wouldn't be encouraging).

I think after 3 months I will have a good idea about the strengths and weaknesses, so at the start of November I will be in a far stronger position.  I'm not too enamoured by the large drawdown seen but then of course the flipside of that is the last few days which has seen a run of many winning trades.  Objectivity is key to any analysis.

For anyone new to my blog, I have been trading futures for over 2.5 years on and off and have been consistently breakeven, I'm testing a new strategy using a SIM account to assess a new methodology, if I get sufficient confirmation validating it I will go live.  Really by 1st November I will have a clear view on whether it works or not, I am keen to trade it but common sense dictates positive results should proceed a commitment to capital in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment