Wednesday 18 December 2013

Dow futures
18thYM_zpseeb21386.png


2 wins and 2 losses (1 of the losses was an error entry made whilst trading on a train - far from ideal)

There ought to have been a further winning trade but my Internet connection went off-line for a period.  There was also a further signal that would have led to a winning trade but that came after my trading cut off time rule by 37 seconds, and I need to be disciplined with plan rules.

Euro futures
18th6E_zps0d7f2b9d.png


2 SIM trades, 1 win and 1 loss


The big news today was the Fed is due to taper QE3 and my goodness the market loved it.  A very interesting day as the news brought a massive influx of volume and liquidity into Dow futures that enabled my strategy to work very well indeed and this appears to have given me new insight into why the strategy appears to work so well on Euro futures. The volume and liquidity on Euro futures seems a lot more stable and constant and this I think is key when using order flow to trade.  Although it does move in waves it is smoother and less prone to erratic behaviour often seen on stock index futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment