Saturday 14 December 2013

I've been researching trading other futures markets using the same strategy I use on the Dow, since if the underlying theory behind my trading strategy is correct it follows that it ought to work on some other markets.

I looked at the Australian dollar over a reasonable series of trades - so looking at points where my strategy would result in a buy or sell and how trades and profits (or losses) would result;

6AZ3_zpsf3ebf86f.png

The results show Australian dollar futures are not a market to trade.


I also looked at Euro futures and was surprised with the results;

6EZ3test_zpse48fbb2f.png

These are backtesting results, not actual trades taken.  Since the results are impressive I'm going to trade Euro futures on a SIM account for perhaps 2 or 3 months to see if I can replicate these results in real-time trading.  I can do this alongside the Dow trades that I make on my live account.

I started yesterday;

3 SIM trades yesterday
EUroyest_zps811e345a.png

2 wins and 1 loss

No comments:

Post a Comment