Tuesday 9 August 2011

Nearly, but not quite

 Sell signal on E-Mini S&P futures at 14:45 yesterday;


Also clear divergence between E-Mini NASDAQ and key currency pairs;


E-Mini NASDAQ, AUD/JPY, EUR/USD, AUD/USD


Issues with connectivity meant I didn't go short until 14:47, filled at 2147.75, the market continued selling off before spiking up to 2150.75, taking out my 8 point trailing stop for a 1 point loss.  Very unlucky, I was kicked off the sell-off due to the volatility.  The sell signal came at the perfect spot but the volatility took me out.   If I get another short signal in the coming days I'll just use a fixed stop rather than a trailing stop, in order to counter this type of event.

Entry and exit;


It was a near 50 point sell off following the entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment